Re: Libtool misfeature on HP-UX

From: Schleicher Ralph (LLI)
Subject: Re: Libtool misfeature on HP-UX
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 10:19:53 +0200

Albert Chin <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmm, this seems like a positive. Does it have any side affects? Have
> you made this change and run the test suite against it?

I don't think it has any side effects.  I tried to patch Libtool but I
didn't manage it completely.  Adding

for i in \$deplibs ; do
    case \$i in
      /*) $echo chatr -l \$i $lib ; chatr -l \$i $lib > /dev/null ;;
    esac
done

to archive_cmds in libtool.m4 was simple and it works for relinking
shared libraries.  But I could not figure out how to do the same for
relink_command in the temporary wrapper script for executables.

N.B., I have created an example project (10 kB) for demonstration
purpose.  Yust ask me for it and I'll send it to anybody who is
interested in.

--
Ralph