Porting libtool to linux-icc (help)

From: Allan Sandfeld Jensen
Subject: Porting libtool to linux-icc (help)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 15:24:48 +0200

Hi.

I've already submited a patch for subject, but recieved no feedback. After
searching the archive I found a mail that explains that you need to be
registered at FSF before you wish to accept any patches. As I am not
registered at FSF and have no plans to become so, I want to try a different
approach.

I hope some of you will create a patch for Intel C++ Compiler support. I can
help by describing what needs to be done:
The compilers are called icc for the C-compiler and icpc for the C++-compiler.
Both compilers takes the same options as the GNU compilers. The two compilers
also uses the GNU ld. So you only need to copy the flags given to gcc and
g++.
There is two important differences from gcc though:
1. For the archivecmds remove the option -nostdlibs.
2. For both compilers you need to set to set "archive_cmds_need_lc" to no.
(if you link with -lc, the linking either breaks or the applications crashes
when launched)

I hope I get some feedback this time.

Best regards
`Allan