Re: BUG in ltdl.c - here's a PATCH

From: Lutz Müller
Subject: Re: BUG in ltdl.c - here's a PATCH
Date: 14 Jun 2002 21:39:57 +0200

On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 20:47, Albert Chin wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:23:37PM -0500, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> > Your example is no better than strcpy().  It allows overrunning the
> > target buffer.

There is a check against that some lines above. But you are right.
Ideally, you should do a

memset (filename, 0, sizeof (filename));
strncpy (filename, dir_name, sizeof (filename) - 1);

or some other implementation like strlcpy.

Whatever, the most important thing for me is that libltdl works, i.e.
that this bug gets fixed. Who can do that? When? I am really looking
forward to using libltdl as the idea is great. It just doesn't work
right now.

Lutz
| Lutz Müller                 +49 (7156) 34837 |
| Hans-Sachs-Strasse 5                         |
| 71254 Ditzingen       http://www.topfrose.de |
| Germany           address@hidden |