RE: libtool and gcc -m*

From: Howard Chu
Subject: RE: libtool and gcc -m*
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:20:51 -0700

I definitely agree that libtool's stripping of options is a major pain.
I always work around it by creating another "cc" shell script that invokes
the real cc with the specific compiler options that I need. This gets
pretty ridiculous when I have more than a couple different shell scripts
lying in my path to build one package or another...

  -- Howard Chu