Is it possible to use libtool on a pure Windows system?

From: Berend de Boer
Subject: Is it possible to use libtool on a pure Windows system?
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:57:40 +1200

Hello All,

Looking at libtool, it seems the perfect way to have a single source base to access DLLs. However, I ran into trouble including ltdl.h and trying to compiling it with Microsoft Visual C++.

My questions:

1. Can I use ltdl.h with Microsoft or Borland compilers?

2. If so which version? I tried to link with the Cygwin one, but that didn't work.

The error I got was error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'UNKNOWN'.

Thanks for any pointers, I'm quite new to this, and browsing the web for help for two hours didn't enlighten me.

Kind regards,

Berend. (-: