How to build a dll against .lib file with libtool ?

From: wang jincheng
Subject: How to build a dll against .lib file with libtool ?
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:34:14 +0800

Hi folks,
I am a newbie, thanks very much for any help.

I write a simple "hello word" program which I build as a dll in cygwin. In the source file of "hello.c" , there is function call to another dll, "mtipli.dll", which belong to a windows application. Along with "mtipli.dll", there is a "mtipli.lib".

I write the "makefile.am" file as:

lib_LTLIBRARIES  = libhello.la
libhello_la_SOURCES     = hello.c
libhello_la_LDFLAGS     = -no-undefined -avoid-version

I know, when building dll, linker will need the file of "mtipli.lib" .
But I don't know how to write "mtipli.lib" into "makefile.am" file.

any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Wang Jincheng