FW: openldap on AIX 4

From: Howard Chu
Subject: FW: openldap on AIX 4
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 05:28:34 -0700

I'm sure I saw this discussed before, but I don't recall seeing a final
resolution. Both OpenLDAP 2.1 and Berkeley DB 4.1 are using libtool 1.4.2.
libtool explicitly adds "-lc" when linking a shared library with cc on AIX
4.2. It shouldn't; cc already adds whatever default libraries it needs and
this explicit spec breaks linking for the reentrant variants of the AIX
compilers.

  -- Howard Chu