Re: Need more

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: Need more
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:50:07 -0500

Ralph,

  It wouldn't be much trouble to allow Libtool to create
libraries with any extention you tell it, but it is more
complex than hacking your Makefile.am.  I don't recall seeing
a patch being posted, correct me if I'm wrong.
  The other request however, isn't feasable.  Libtool needs to
create non-pic objects when linking static libs, pic objects when
linking shared libs.  Libtool can't wait until link time to decide
to not link static libs, it has to know at configure time.
Anyway, what is the problem with what Libtool currently does?
Couldn't you either configure to not build static, or simply
ignore the static version?

HTH,

Robert