Re: libtool ./ChangeLog libltdl/ltdl.c

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: libtool ./ChangeLog libltdl/ltdl.c
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:01:21 -0500

The call to access() returns -1 and sets errno to EACCES
"Permission denied" under Linux and
"Search permission is denied on a component of the PathName prefix."
under AIX.  Man pages for access() generally say somthing about
it not working over NFS.  In my case, the library is in a directory
NFS exported from my Linux box, and I have read/write permission
on it and every directory above it, barring "/".
  I intend to go back and look at the discussion leading up to
this patch, to see if I can come up with another way to get
the desired effect, but I haven't found the time to do it yet.

HTH,

Robert

BTW,  Have you seen the same problem? i.e. the same test failures?

--
Robert Boehne             Software Engineer
Ricardo Software   Chicago Technical Center