Re: [Expat-discuss] failed dependencies: libexpat.a

From: Fred L. Drake, Jr.
Subject: Re: [Expat-discuss] failed dependencies: libexpat.a
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:23:20 -0400

hari hari writes:
 > The following errors during installation occurred:
 > error: failed dependencies: libexpat.a(libexpat.so.0) is needed by
 > apache-1.3.22-1ssl

This has to do with the way Apache embedded Expat in some 1.3.x
versions.  I know this was resolved in Apache 1.3, but I don't
remember the exact patchlevel you need to get the fix.  The most
recent release of Apache 1.3 is 1.3.26; you can find that at:

        http://httpd.apache.org/

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>