Re: Linux/Win32 cross and DLLs

From: Schleicher Ralph (LLI)
Subject: Re: Linux/Win32 cross and DLLs
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:46:05 +0200

David Olofson <address@hidden> writes:

> IIRC, if I use the -no-undefined option, I simply get only a static
> lib (no DLL), while without it, libtool wants to run impgen.c on
> SDL.DLL, but fails to compile impgen.c as a result of passing some
> System V specific switch to 'as'. (At last, it *does* at least use the
> native compiler instead of the Win32 cross gcc, without any libtool
> patching or other tricks... Dunno' what I was doing before.)
[...]
> Hints? Specific documentation on Linux->Win32 cross compiling?

I think you run into the same Libtool bug that I reported in May this
year.  Problem is that Libtool still uses `HOST_CC' whereas Autoconf
has renamed this variable to `CC_FOR_BUILD'.

Here is my default cross compilation environment:

$ cat crossenv.sh
HOST=i386-pc-mingw32msvc

CC="$HOST-gcc"
export CC
CFLAGS="-I$CEA/$HOST/include -I$CEA/include -O2"
export CFLAGS
LDFLAGS="-L$CEA/$HOST/lib"
export LDFLAGS
# Need HOST_CC for libtool's impgen program.  The new name of HOST_CC
# is CC_FOR_BUILD, that means the C compiler for the build system.
HOST_CC="gcc"
export HOST_CC

PATH=$CEA/win/bin:$PATH
export PATH