"Re: libbfd, libtool & Win32" and "Re: Building a MinGW GLib etc..."

From: Max Bowsher
Subject: "Re: libbfd, libtool & Win32" and "Re: Building a MinGW GLib etc..."
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:21:06 +0100

Earnie Boyd wrote:
[ stuff about impgen ]
> So, why isn't dlltool being used?  BTW, dllwrap is deprecated.
>
> Current versions of GCC require -shared in the link step to produce the
> dll.  The -dll -mdll switches are deprecated.

One of the things I ran into with my GLib stuff, is that libtool.m4 is rather
out-of-date with respect to MinGW. Fortunately, the cygwin sections are more
up-to-date, so its just a matter of borrowing or sharing cygwin cod for the most
part.

I attach a patch of my current tweaks to libtool.m4 and ltmain.sh. It is *only a
Work-in Progess*. I am posting it without cleanup as food for though in this
discussion.

Max.