Re: [Mingw-users] Re: libbfd, libtool & Win32

From: Danny Smith
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Re: libbfd, libtool & Win32
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:46:51 +1000 (EST)

 --- David Olofson <address@hidden> wrote: > On Tuesday 17
September 2002 20:33, Guido Draheim wrote:
> [...]
> > On another e-mail, you said to have some idea of the `objdump -p`
> > output of an export table. If someone could work that out with a
> > portable shell program (sh/sed/etc), then we can let that impgen.sh be
> > created in the $builddir instead of an impgen.exe, and have it run
> > through extract_expsyms_cmd. That would atleast fix our crosscompile
> > problem.
>
> That could work, but I'm not sure how much we can rely on the format of
> that output. Either way, it generates *a lot* of data that we need to
> throw away. Not a major issue, I guess, but it doesn't feel right...

I'm a bit late catching up with this thread.  No one has mentioned the code in
ld/pe-dll.c, function pe_implied_import_dll (filename) which extract def file
from dll.  Is that what you are trying to do?

A gotcha with this is that some exported names in dll are aliases, the prime
culprit being stdcall names.

Danny

http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
- Always be connected to your Messenger Friends