Re: [Mingw-users] Re: libbfd, libtool & Win32

From: David Olofson
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Re: libbfd, libtool & Win32
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:10:05 +0200

On Monday 23 September 2002 13:00, David Olofson wrote:
> On Friday 20 September 2002 22:31, Guido Draheim wrote:
[...]
> > In
> > fact, we have a set of function names for a given lib - in its
> > symbol table.
>
> In an export table, I would say, as most clean Win32 DLLs don't export
> symbols at all... Can't rely on symbol tables, that is. (And either
> way, it now seems that these tables only tell us what to look for; not
> how to use it... :-/ )

Oh, and I'm still wondering whether or not 'objdump -syms' should dump
the *exports* when used on Win32 DLLs. :-)

//David Olofson --- Programmer, Reologica Instruments AB

.- Coming soon from VaporWare Inc...------------------------.
| The Return of Audiality! Real, working software. Really!  |
| Real time and off-line synthesis, scripting, MIDI, LGPL...|