Re: [Mingw-users] Whats the latest on libtool and the stub dll librarie

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Whats the latest on libtool and the stub dll libraries?
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:39:00 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Elizabeth Barham wrote:
> >
> > A while back, Bob mentioned running into some trouble linking a dll
> > with the stub lib*.a libraries:
> >
> > <http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/libtool/2002-June/006401.html>
> >
> > and has contributed some patches to libtool (whether in regards to
> > this I do not know).
> >
> > Anyway, I, too, recently had a similar error as what Bob mentioned in
> > the previous email cited above.
> >
> > So, I am curious as to whether or not the kink has been ironed out.

This update to CVS libtool resolves most of these problems:

2002-06-26  Bob Friesenhahn  <address@hidden>

        * libtool.m4 (AC_LIBTOOL_SYS_DYNAMIC_LINKER) [mingw]: Remove
        extraneous '=' character which appears in gcc 3.1
        -print-search-dirs output.
        Handle both upper and lower case drive letters when testing for
        Windows vs POSIX style path output from -print-search-dirs
        output.

The problem is that some directories searched by the compiler were
being ignored by libtool due to the two listed problems (particularly
the second one, which caused the MinGW libs to be ignored).

Using CVS libtool I am able to build static libraries against a set of
DLLs, but there are failures if --enable-shared is added to the
configure arguments.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden