Re: [Mingw-users] Whats the latest on libtool and the stub dll librari

From: Elizabeth Barham
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Whats the latest on libtool and the stub dll libraries?
Date: 25 Sep 2002 23:35:21 -0500

This is just a simple report-in about the errors I mentioned having
yesterday or the day before. The latest CVS libtool did not have any
trouble and made the DLL fine.

I'd also like to mention that the whole libtool seemed to work quicker
than before.

Thank you all very much and great job!

On a related note, I have been having to add a "main" function to the
DLL's like so:

#if defined(__MINGW32__) && defined(DLL_EXPORT)
int
main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
  return 0;
}
#endif

If I do not add this, it does not build the DLL. I'm concerned about
the export of this function, however - if more than one DLL uses this
method, could there be some kind of conflict and/or is there a better
way to deal with this?

Thank you,

Elizabeth