Re: [Mingw-users] Whats the latest on libtool and the stub dll librarie

From: Elizabeth Barham
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Whats the latest on libtool and the stub dll libraries?
Date: 27 Sep 2002 13:23:50 -0500

"Max Bowsher" <address@hidden> writes:
> Earnie Boyd wrote:

> > > If anyone is interested in this, libtool made the dll fine without the
> > > main function mentioned above by adding -shared after the $CC:
> > >

> > Ok, submit a proper patch against the CVS source to address@hidden for
> > proper credit for the fix.
>
> ?!?!? Didn't she just say that it _already_ worked fine?

No, just that by modifying the generated libtool that it worked fine
and that certain lines in libtool.m4 are extremely similar (it did not
work fine before without a "main" function in the dll).

So, what I modified libtool.m4 and tried to use the new builds to make
a similar libtool but so far they have not been successful although it
is possible that the error is due to my not running "aclocal" after
modifying libtool.m4 - which I did a little while ago and libtool is in
the "make check" phase at this moment.

Provided that the changes are correctly propagated to the generated
libtool and the tests correctly work, I shall then submit a patch if
there are no objections.

Thank you,

Elizabeth