Re: Libtool 1.4.3

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Libtool 1.4.3
Date: 09 Oct 2002 13:28:42 +0200

>>>>> "Sascha" == Sascha Schumann <address@hidden> writes:

Sascha> We use it for the PHP project (>80k lines configure script),
Sascha> because 2.5x is 5 to 6 times slower

That's because it does provide a better service too :(  I have timed a
lot of the code, and I can tell that we're hitting a M4 limitation
here.  Hopefully future version of GNU M4 will help.

Sascha> and contains a dependency-ignorant cache system.

Err.  It doesn't compute.

What do you mean?