Re: Libtool 1.4.3

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Libtool 1.4.3
Date: 09 Oct 2002 16:12:38 +0200

| > Sascha> and contains a dependency-ignorant cache system.
| >
| > What do you mean?
|
|     Each of PHP's bundled extensions has a config.m4 which can be
|     maintained separately.  Autoconf 2.50 and later insert stale
|     code into configure, when such a config.m4 file changes.

You want autoconf -f then.

|     These files are sourced using
|
|     esyscmd(./scripts/config-stubs ext)
|
|     The shell script prints out an sinclude() line for each
|     existing config.m4 in a particular sub-directory (e.g.
|     ext/mysql, ext/session).  Apparently, autoconf/autom4te does
|     not keep track of the time stamp of each sourced file which
|     then causes the described issue.

You know, you are typically the kind of people who has valid grieves
against Autoconf, but using things that were never documented.
esyscmd is definitely excluded from our framework.  But you kept
developping your Autoconf instead of coming and deciding for a
solution.

|     Oh, btw, has autoconf 2.5x stopped to generate empty "case..esac"
|     constructs?  FreeBSD's /bin/sh bombed out on that, and it
|     violated POSIX.

How do I know?  Did you send a bug report?  Do you have a test case?

And BTW, do PHP's extensions finally produce valid HTML code?