Re: [Mingw-msys] Re: MinGW libtool DLL failure

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: [Mingw-msys] Re: MinGW libtool DLL failure
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 21:40:07 -0400

Elizabeth Barham wrote:
Earnie Boyd <address@hidden> writes:

I'm fine with it and will support the change [of the maximum command
line length] to a constant.  Should that constant be adjusted based
on w9x vs NT?

I would not think so; rather, it seems to me that a 8192 character
command line maximum will work for most anyone.

I've seen some looooooong command lines, not that I've stopped to count the characters. The 8192 may not be enough for some packages. Is there a mehtod to use that doesn't check the command line length or is the point of the limit to break the command line into parts?

Do we have the option of switching between NT and w9x?

With Cygwin and MSYS, unmae tacks it on the system name.

Earnie.