Re: [Mingw-msys] Re: MinGW libtool DLL failure

From: Tor Lillqvist
Subject: Re: [Mingw-msys] Re: MinGW libtool DLL failure
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 17:59:26 +0300

Earnie Boyd writes:
 > I've seen some looooooong command lines, not that I've stopped to count
 > the characters.  The 8192 may not be enough for some packages.

I have experienced that the 8192 (umm, don't remember exactly, some
pretty low limit anyhow) wasn't enough for GTK+, and libtool started
to use some workaround, which then failed in a mysterious
way. Manually changing the limit to 20000 (for instance) helped. This
was on Win2k. If I remember correctly, CVS HEAD libtool earlier used
to arrive at a pretty high limit, over 20000, but then at some point
started to use the lower limit.

--tml