Re: [Mingw-msys] Re: MinGW libtool DLL failure

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: [Mingw-msys] Re: MinGW libtool DLL failure
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:02:28 +0200

Earnie Boyd wrote:
Max Bowsher wrote:

Earnie Boyd wrote:

Unfortunately not - "make install bindir=/alternatelocation".

I prefer that over a switch, with a default
value for the variable of ../bin.

I think that a switch is the only way, if we are to deal with the case I
cite above.

The Makefile sets
LIBTOOL := bindir=$(bindir) $(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool

Then:
Test for the existance of bindir in the libtool script, if it doesn't exist set it to ../bin if it does exist the Makefile has passed it to libtool via an environment variable.

This works for `make install bindir=/alternatelocation".

Don't forget DESTDIR !