Proposed libtool patch for MinGW

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Proposed libtool patch for MinGW
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:01:16 -0500 (CDT)

The attached patch to FSF CVS libtool is intended to make libtool
(mostly) behave as it does for Cygwin when executed with MinGW.  It
consists of contributions from Elizabeth Barham, and my own efforts.

The DLLs are installed to $(libdir)/../bin as they currently are under
Cygwin. Any change to this scheme should be common to both Cygwin &
MinGW unless there is a reason for behaving differently.

This patch allows a shared library build of ImageMagick (using both C
& C++) to successfully build and install under MinGW using the MSYS
shell environment.  I have not tried to build libtool modules with it
yet (should be interesting).

I am posting this patch with the expectation that concerned parties
will inspect it, test it, and send any fixes so that it can be
incorporated in libtool 1.5.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden