Re: Cygwin List O' Issues...

From: Charles Wilson
Subject: Re: Cygwin List O' Issues...
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:29:41 -0500

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

You missed mentioning one major bug related to C++.  Although libtool
warns that it can't create a shared library due to depending on a
static library, libtool proceeds to try to build a shared library
anyway.  This is the worst of the bugs since it results in total
failure.

Yes, but I only saw that once. I have not verified that it always happens. It might've been a fluke. Have you seen this 'go ahead and build the shared lib even though I just finished complaining that I couldn't' behavior, too?

E.g. if you look at the testcase output I reproduced in this message:
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/libtool/2002-October/007133.html
you'll see that libtool complains, and then only builds the static lib. It doesn't try to bull thru and build a shared after complaining.

However, if you have independent confirmation...

--Chuck