Re: [shell functions, was RE: solving of name conflicts in included.a]

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: [shell functions, was RE: solving of name conflicts in included.a]
Date: 14 Nov 2002 12:32:30 +0100

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Boehne <address@hidden> writes:

Robert> All, Hey, that's a relief, now we don't have to deal with this
Robert> issue anymore.  I would be in favor of a) leaving the shell
Robert> functions in place, and b) making use of them more.

I don't agree.  Autoconf does not use shell functions, it just says it
will some day.  If you want to use shell functions, don't do it
pretending Autoconf did first :)

Also, Autoconf will try to find a shell that supports functions.