RE: Version numbering change on IRIX

From: Boehne, Robert
Subject: RE: Version numbering change on IRIX
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:13:05 -0500

Rainer,

This change was a long time coming, so many people have complained
about having libx.so.1 under Solars/Linux and having libx.so.2 under IRIX.
Adding 1 to the version isn't necessary, I've looked everywhere I could
think of to find out why this was done in the first place, but found
none.  I realize this change doesn't "fix" anything, and could potentially
cause problems, but these will be transient, and it is consistent with
other platforms.

HTH,

Robert