Re: libtool "module" behavior and darwin

From: Benjamin Reed
Subject: Re: libtool "module" behavior and darwin
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 17:08:07 -0500

On Sunday, November 24, 2002, at 04:54 PM, Guido Draheim wrote:

The only hint that I can give has the form of a question: Did you try
kbackgammon_LDADD = -static kbackgammon.la $(LIB_KDEGAMES) $(LIB_KSYCOCA)
 kbackgammon_SOURCES = dummy.cpp

$ ./libtool --help --mode=link | grep static
  -all-static       do not do any dynamic linking at all
  -static           do not do any dynamic linking of libtool libraries

I'm sure this would work, I was hoping there would be a decently easy way to have libtool include *only* the .a's that have bundle counterparts, so that shared libraries we link against still get linked shared...

ie, so it ends up doing "g++ -o foo.dylib /path/to/bundular-library.a -lkdecore -lqt" and so on...