Re: [Fink-devel] Re: libtool "module" behavior and darwin

From: Benjamin Reed
Subject: Re: [Fink-devel] Re: libtool "module" behavior and darwin
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 08:18:57 -0500

That's great news. I cannot, however, promise to have these available anytime
soon. I would appreciate help. Anyone?

I can certainly help out with this. While waiting for more input on this thread, I actually ended up coming up with the same solution last night. I woke up this morning to find my kdelibs build done, and your (Nick's) response in my inbox telling me to do the same thing. <g>

If the netbsd patches aren't up-to-date with head, I will clean them up until they are, and help out in getting everything back into KDE HEAD. I've got commit access to KDE, although I try not to use it since it seems like I screw everything up every time I try to commit to their tree. =)

So I guess the outcome of this is that yes, KDE is doing the wrong thing, but on most platforms it doesn't matter. Maybe libtool should instead give a warning when linking against a .la that was compiled with -module about not being portable, instead of coming up with some elaborate hack? I'm not sure if that's a "good enough" solution or not, but it would at least be something...