Re: no AIX 5 support? I've got some idea what's needed.

From: Gary Kumfert
Subject: Re: no AIX 5 support? I've got some idea what's needed.
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:42:21 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Gary Kumfert <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've found no support for AIX 5 in automake, autoconf,
> > or libtool (not even config.guess!).
> >
> > Any libtool developer interested in teaming up to add
> > AIX 5.x support to libtool?  I have a handful
> > of settings that I tweeked by hand to get things working
> > right.  I can just describe what settings are ultimately needed,
> > or try to hack the changes into scripts and send the diffs.
>
> what did you find that you had to change?
>
> > I'd be willing to work with someone to refine the code
> > if I'm the only one with access to an AIX 5.x box.
>
> You're not.  But I'm perplexed since I've been using libtool and
> autoconf on AIX 5L for some time.

Ack!  Okay, while wiping egg off my face (and digging through
our CVS) I may have found my problem.  Over the
last 2.5 years we've been using Autotools, it seems we've
stepped up to new versions without upgrading all the
ancillary files (like config.guess).  I'm gonna resynch
all this stuff and try again.

Thanks,

Gary

  Gary Kumfert, Ph.D.                               <address@hidden>
  Center for Applied Scientific Computing          phone: 925-424-2580
  Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory           fax:   925-423-9338
  P.O. Box 808,    L-551
  Livermore, CA 94551-0808