Re: no AIX 5 support? I've got some idea what's needed.

From: Mats Rynge
Subject: Re: no AIX 5 support? I've got some idea what's needed.
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 09:54:15 -0800

* Jeff Trawick <address@hidden> [2002-12-03 06:46:15 -0500]:

> Mats Rynge <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Also, make sure that you have libtool-1.4.3
>
> Can you list any improvements specific to AIX in libtool-1.4.3
> (compared with libtool-1.4.2)?

>From the ChangeLog:

  * libtool.m4: When a module is built for AIX, the 'lib'
  prefix isn't needed, neither is the version. AIX dlopen
  will honor the RPATH in a library.

  * libtool.m4: If ld is being used on IRIX to embed the
  runtmie path, use -rpath, not -Wl,-rpath. Embed the runtime
  path into libraries for AIX (supported on AIX 4.3.2+).
  Embed the runtime path into Tru64 libraries, even though it
  doesn't make much sense unless using Tru64 UNIX 5.1 with a
  specific patch and >5.1.

  * libtool.m4 (aix): When LDFLAGS="-Wl,-brtl,[other options]",
  the "-brtl" special-case code for AIX never gets triggered
  because were are being too specific about how we search for
  "-brtl".  Use case statement to avoid this. Remove extraneous
  semicolon.

Especially the last one help me a lot.

--
Mats Rynge