Problems using libtool, suns c++ compiler and convenience libraries

From: Erik Assum
Subject: Problems using libtool, suns c++ compiler and convenience libraries
Date: 13 Dec 2002 17:32:03 +0100

Hi,

I'm new to this list so please excuse me if this question does not
belong to this list.

My problem is the following:

I have a set of sources split into to directories, client and server,
from which I want to create one shared library. My approach has been to try
to make a convenience library in client and to link everything
together in server. This works perfectly with gcc-2.96, but I cant
make it work with suns native compiler. What happens is that when I
try to compile a program against my shared library (still
uninstalled), the linker does not find the c++ templates that the
native sun-compiler hides away in its SUNWS_cache directories.

Anyone seen the same behaviour?

Erik.