Re: Unrequested F77 config

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Unrequested F77 config
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 10:07:32 -0600 (CST)

There are certainly a bug in that even if no fortran compiler is
found, libtool proceeds to configure the F77 tag.  Much of this
configuration is done with CC unset, causing various warnings.

Libtool should provide a way for the user to specify which tags are to
be configured.  This would allow a project which includes its own
libtool, but uses a subset of the supported languages to avoid
configuring libtool for languages which are not used.

Bob