Re: Problem on rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.2.0 (Fortran) -DPIC

From: Simon Richter
Subject: Re: Problem on rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.2.0 (Fortran) -DPIC
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 00:46:00 +0100

Robert,

> Ok then, I'll see if I can make "-DPIC" into
> a conditionally-set thing that would be set to "" for anything
> but C and C++.  Can we agree on that? ;)

Yes, although it would be nice if the other languages also had a way of
knowing they should emit PIC, at least if they allow conditional
compilation and/or inline assembler (the most prominent being assembler
itself -- I don't know whether everyone uses the gcc frontend to
assemble stuff).

   Simon

--
GPG Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4