lt_dlopen and default search paths

From: Blake Matheny
Subject: lt_dlopen and default search paths
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:49:58 -0500

Hello All,
I hope I'm addressing the right crowd. I'm doing some development utilizing
libltdl, and my question is regarding the lt_dlopen() function.

Depending on your platform, lt_dlopen() should just make a call to dlopen()
(as is the case on my GNU/Linux system). On my GNU/Linux system, the dlopen()
function is documented as searching:
 The list of libraries cached in /etc/ld.so.cache
 /usr/lib, followed by /lib
 LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Using lt_dlopen() and after installing my libraries in /usr/lib, lt_dlopen
fails to find them which indicates to me that dlopen() is either not being
called or is no longer searching those paths. Can someone tell me what might
be going on? Thanks.

-Blake

I am not on the list, please CC me.

--
Blake Matheny           "... one of the main causes of the fall of the
address@hidden      Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had