Re: linux/alpha and ccc compiler

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: linux/alpha and ccc compiler
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 00:40:12 -0600

Bob,

Does this patch actually work?  It looks to me like you're inheriting
gcc's
configuration and then changing one flag.  If you have not run the test
suite yet, run it and post the results.  Where did this compiler come
from?
I've been using Alphas since mips/ULTRIX went away, and I've never heard
of this compiler.  Follow the advice I gave you previously, read the
documenation
and run the test suite to see how you're going.  For comparison, CVS
Libtool
passes all 105 tests with c89, cxx and f90 on my Tru64 4.0f machine.

Robert