Re: Pending release of 1.5

From: Schleicher Ralph (LLI)
Subject: Re: Pending release of 1.5
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:53:05 +0100

Robert Boehne wrote:

> I'm just about to make the release of Libtool 1.5.  If anyone would
> like to test the current CVS on their favorite platform and report
> any problems, please do so!  If not, your woes may have to wait for
> 1.5.1.

The new option -shrext implies a leading dot for the shared library
suffix.  This is IMHO sub-optimal because it does not permit the user
to generate modules with no shared library suffix at all.  GPG, for
example, builds modules with no shared library suffix.

My original patch required to explicitly add a dot.  Do you accept a
patch that restores the original behavior?

--
Ralph