Re: relinking broken on macosx?

From: Benjamin Reed
Subject: Re: relinking broken on macosx?
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:25:42 -0500

On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 08:12 PM, Benjamin Reed wrote:

well, now that Peter's patches are in libtool, it appears to be working again on MacOSX -- however, for some reason it seems to be trying to relink some libraries (not sure why, library paths are coded into the lib already, there's really no reason to ever relink on MacOSX).

OK, I've been tinkering with some other stuff -- if I patch ltmain.sh so that need_relink is never set to "yes", everything builds except for one problem:

../mcopidl/mcopidl -t ../flow/artsflow.idl
../mcopidl/mcopidl -t ../flow/artsflow.idl
dyld: ../mcopidl/mcopidl can't open library: /sw/lib/libmcop.1.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2) dyld: ../mcopidl/mcopidl can't open library: /sw/lib/libmcop.1.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

They're trying to run something that hasn't yet been installed, as part of the build. I thought libtool made wrapper scripts to do DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH magic, but it appears this is not the case. If I set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to "../mcop/.libs", the build continues and finishes (and everything has proper paths and such -- so it looks like relinking isn't necessary).

I'm not sure where to look to hack on this, does anyone have ideas on the proper fix for this?