Re: relinking broken on macosx?

From: Benjamin Reed
Subject: Re: relinking broken on macosx?
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:04:22 -0500

On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 10:30 PM, Peter O'Gorman wrote:

Ben,
I have a patch to disable relinking, for some reason on current libtool,
_LT_AC_TAGVAR(hardcode_direct, $1)=yes
This is wrong, and makes libtool think relinking is required, set it to no.
I am not sure if you also need to set
_LT_AC_TAGVAR(hardcode_libdir_flag_spec, $1)='-L$libdir'
I haven't looked in ltmain, it may need this var to be set to actually disable relinking, as you can see doing this is pretty meaningless.

Yup, this works for me -- libtool 1.5 now properly builds arts and other KDE stuff on KDE-Darwin without any patches. Attached is the patch against current CVS... (OK, so one patch, but I'm working under the assumption this will be accepted =)

Thanks for the help, everyone, libtool 1.5 is looking pretty solid now on OSX.