info on inter-dependency library

From: Elisabetta Ronchieri
Subject: info on inter-dependency library
Date: 06 Apr 2003 19:40:28 +0200

Hi,
I am working on RH 7.3 using the following autotool versions:

libtool --version
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.2 (1.922.2.54 2001/09/11 03:33:37)

autoconf --version
Autoconf version 2.13

automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.4-p5

At the moment I cannot upgrade the autoconf and automake versions. I
could only update the libtool package.

My problem can be described as follow:

- qui/Makefile.am

In this Makefile.am I have the following target:

lib_LTLIBRARIES=libaa.la
libaa_la_SOURCES = aa.cpp

In this library it is defined the symbol AAAAAAAA.

- quo/Makefile.am

In this Makefile.am I have the following target:

noinst_LTLIBRARIES=libcc.la
libcc_la_SOURCES = cc.cpp

- qua/Makefile.am

In this Makefile.am I have the following target:

lib_LTLIBRARIES=libdd.la
libdd_la_SOURCES = dd.cpp
libdd_la_LIBADD = ../qui/libaa.la \
        ../quo/libcc.la \
        -lc

I would like to know if it is possible that it be defined in the
libdd.so library the symbol AAAAAAAA which belongs to the library
libaa.la.

At the moment after a wonderful

nm libdd.so | grep  AAAAAAAA

I find it undefined.