Re: CygWin woes

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: CygWin woes
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:40:37 -0500 (CDT)

Libtool 1.5 (released just a day ago) has no problems that I am aware
of with building DLLs under Cygwin.  However, any libraries that your
library depends on must also be built as a DLL, and some key Cygwin
libraries (e.g. libstdc++ and libXt) are not delivered as DLLs.

I strongly recommend upgrading to 1.5.  Hopefully it will become
Cygwin "standard" soon, if not already.

Bob

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Magnus Therning wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My first posting to the list :-)
>
> This might very well be a question that has popped up before, I have
> googled around but haven't found any solution to it, so pointers are
> more than welcome.
>
> The problem:
> I don't manage to build DLLs undet CygWin. Libtool gives a warning that
> undefined symbols aren't allowed in DLLs on the i686-cygwin platform. No
> report on what symbols are undefined.
>
> I am using libtool together with automake. The standard CygWin
> distribution of libtools, so that means version 1.4e.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> /M
>
> --
> Magnus Therning  mailto:address@hidden  PGP:0xD3BC7468
> +31-40-2745179  http://pww.innersource.philips.com/magnus/
>
> In any business model you need someone to sue. That's the American way.
>      -- Bill Weinberg, MontaVista

Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden