Re: CygWin woes

From: Charles Wilson
Subject: Re: CygWin woes
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:50:12 -0400

Earnie Boyd wrote:

Magnus Therning wrote:

  int
  foo(int bar)
  {
    return 42 * bar;
  }

FWIW, if you wish to export this function from the dll then you should prototype it as ``__declspec(dllexport) int foo (int);'' so that the linker doesn't have to guess.

Disagree 100%. The whole point of my work and that of others over the last 2.5 years concerning auto-import in gcc, binutils, automake, autoconf, and libtool was precisely so that -- on cygwin at least, if not on mingw -- we can discard those damn declspec() atrocities. PLEASE don't encourage cygwin users to go back to the dark ages...

--Chuck