Re: Killing @ symbols in exported functions

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Killing @ symbols in exported functions
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:17:52 -0400

Al wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Earnie Boyd" <address@hidden>
To: "Al" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 1:52 PM

Al wrote:

When I compile dlls (using cygwin on windows) the exported functions

names

have an @ and a number appended to them. I cant have this.

It can be rectified when using gcc by passing the --kill-at flag to the
linker, but how to do this via libtool and how to do it in a portable

way? I

mean how should I write my .am files to have libtool take care of this

for

me regardless of the linker being used.

LFLAGS += -Wl,--kill-at

Earnie.

Cheers Earnie, but am I right in thinking this is only good on gcc? Can I
tell libtool to figure out the appropriate linker flag itself somehow.

Thanks for replying ... Id kind of given up hope.

--kill-at isn't right for all cases, it is more the exception. Therefore, you will need to supply the exception via configure.

Earnie.