Re: libtool/automake: how to build and use an internal library.

From: Jan Kratochvil
Subject: Re: libtool/automake: how to build and use an internal library.
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 16:34:55 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 01 May 2003 16:26:28 +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> I don't want to build a full fledged shared library libfoo.so.0.0.0
> because foo is not big, important or useful enough to do that.
> foo is not meant to be used outside the app.

You want so-called 'convenience library', see the docs for details.

Built by:
        foo/Makefile.am
                noinst_LTLIBRARIES=libfoo.la
                libfoo_la_SOURCES=foo.c
        Makefile.am
                SUBDIRS=foo
                lib_LTLIBRARIES=libbar.la
                libbar_la_LIBADD=foo/libfoo.la
                libbar_la_SOURCES=
                libbar_la_LDFLAGS=-release $(VERSION)

./.libs/libbar.so will be the final library with './foo/foo.c'.

Lace