Re: bug in libtool 1.5: native ld does not understand-print-search-dirs

From: Teun Burgers
Subject: Re: bug in libtool 1.5: native ld does not understand-print-search-dirs
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 18:27:27 +0200

Dear Robert,

Robert Boehne wrote:

> This flag is passed when Libtool thinks you are using GCC (i.e. $CC=gcc).
> You aren't setting $CC=ld, are you?

No, but I am setting F77=f77 (the native OSF Fortran compiler)
(./configure .. F77=f77 ..)
Echo statements inserted in the configure script revealed that
during configuring of the F77 tag CC is apparently set to f77.

My initial analysis that it had something to do with using
gcc with the native linker was wrong. gcc -print-search-dirs
works.

Regards,

Teun