Re: Libtool 1.5 on MacOS X

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Libtool 1.5 on MacOS X
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 08:54:11 -0600

Peter O'Gorman wrote:

Because of the way things are set up, adding fsf gcc support is essentially adding a completely different compiler. Depending on my available free time, I may decide to revisit this issue, do you really think it is required?

With stock GCC 3.3, most if not all of the Apple-like command line options are processed just as they are on the compiler distributed by Apple. Take a look at the sources and you'll see there are hooks for this. For libtool 1.5, treating stock GCC 3.3 like Apple's GCC works for me to generate dynamic libraries and executables.