1.5 automatically generating C++, F77 tags

From: Albert Chin
Subject: 1.5 automatically generating C++, F77 tags
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 16:56:39 -0500

It's really annoying to have 1.5 automatically generate the C++ and
F77 tags. I'm trying to figure out why it does this. We have the
following in libtool.m4:
  dnl If AC_PROG_CXX has already been expanded, run AC_LIBTOOL_CXX
  dnl immediately, otherwise, hook it in at the end of AC_PROG_CXX.
    AC_PROVIDE_IFELSE([AC_PROG_CXX],
      [AC_LIBTOOL_CXX],
      [define([AC_PROG_CXX], defn([AC_PROG_CXX])[AC_LIBTOOL_CXX
    ])])

Is this suppose to generate the C++ tag *only* if AC_PROG_CXX is
called? If not, what does it mean because the C++ tag is *always*
being created?

--
albert chin (address@hidden)