Linking problem

From: David Svoboda
Subject: Linking problem
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:54:13 +0200

I've been using Copmaq C++ compiler for Tru64 alpha. Now I have the
following problem:

Compilation of all the source files (they include templates) is performed
and everything seems ok. But when I try to link the object files
(typically from the ".libs/" directory) into the library, the following
message is displayed:

***

ld:
Warning: Unresolved:
i3d::<unnamed namespace>::find_ne(const std::vector<const i3d::BINARY*,
std::allocator<const i3d::BINARY*> >, i3d::BINARY)
i3d::<unnamed namespace>::Mean5(const i3d::Image3d<unsigned char>&, const
i3d::Vector3d<unsigned long>&)
__STV__DefaultResolution__3i3d__bio_cc_0554ad21

***

In addition it mystery for me, because there are two sets of object files
as you know. One is stored in the current directory - the same as the
source files are placed. The other one is places in the directory ".libs".
This should contain PIC files. But when I read the documentation for my
computer architecture I found out that all the files in both of the sets
are PIC. So there shouldn't be any difference between them. But when I
link the library using the files in "." directory - every thing is ok.

Do you happen to know, where the problem is?

David

P.S.:

I have the following flags:
CXXFLAGS =  -noimplicit_include -pthread  -g
CFLAGS =  -g
CPPFLAGS = -I. -I/usr/local/include   -D__USE_STD_IOSTREAM
LDFLAGS = -L. -L/usr/local/lib