Re: Cyclic dependencies

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Cyclic dependencies
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 06:30:44 -0400

Thomas Maier wrote:

Sigh.  It's not a perfect world.  Quoting myself: "I guess as a
linux-only user I am kind of ignorant or, well, at least a newbie to
portability things."  After having spent days reading about that stuff I
already suspected linux does things in a rather modern way.  But I
didn't know it can be *that* bad.  Might you be so kind and give me a
short hint if linux's behaviour is really extraordinary or if systems
with such limited library features are slowly dying away?

Hardly dieing. Win32 for example requires dependent libraries to follow the objects that depend on them.

Earnie.