How to disable relink on install?

From: Alex Hornby
Subject: How to disable relink on install?
Date: 26 Jun 2003 17:53:16 +0100

Hi,

I'm using libtool 1.4.2 on a redhat 8.0 machine and when do a "make
install" in my project libtool relinks all my libs and binaries.

How can I disable this? I never run my binaries from the build area,
only from the installed prefix.

Linking a large C++ binary takes a long time, so I'd like to avoid doing
it twice....

I've seen a few posts about this on the mailing lists, (e.g.
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2002-10/msg00135.html ) but
have never actually seen a conclusive answer...

Regards,
Alex