Re: disable C compiler check?

From: Albert Chin
Subject: Re: disable C compiler check?
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:11:32 -0500

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 03:26:52PM +0200, Patrick Guio wrote:
> I have an application that just contain C++ code and I will only need the
> code to be linked with C++ code.
> I wonder whether there is a way to disable C (and fortran) checkings when
> running the macro AC_PROG_LIBTOOL in the configure.ac ?

You cannot remove the C check. As to removing the other checks, there
is a patch for it but we have to wait for the copyright assignment
form for the submitter to be accepted before the patch is applied,
barring any objections.

Ideally, libtool should treat C like C++ and other languages but it
doesn't yet.

--
albert chin (address@hidden)